Saturday, March 12, 2011

My favorite things about San Marcos...

Why did I ever leave San Marcos, Texas? I guess I thought I needed to grow up.
  I spent the very best years of my life there.
College was amazing.  The town is gorgeous.
And it will always feel a bit like home to me.
These are just some of my favorite things about a place and school that I dearly love.

The Tap Room
This place HAD to be top of the list! 42 beers on tap, the best wings and onion rings you've ever tasted- this place ROCKS.

Alvin Ord's Sandwich Shop
YUM
Do not be deceived by the grundgy exterior or the graffiti on the walls and tables....
this is hands down the best sandwich you'll can find in Texas.

The River Pub
(or as my sis accidentally called it, The River Pube!)
 Yum. Yum. YUM.
Perfect place to chill, overlooking the river- watching kayakers flip over!
I miss this place because I was a regular.

Palmer's
Too broke to eat here often- but it's SO GOOD. Definitely a place to make the parents take ya!

The Paper Bear Gift Shop
 
This store, located on the square, take HOURS to go through.
The toy section alone makes me feel like a kid again and I just don't want to leave!

San Marcos Outlet Mall
It's so nice living close to the outlet mall!

Frisbee Dan
This dude is a regular.
 Yes- Frisbee golf is a sport!

Floating the River...
When you live in San Marcos, there are so many rivers to choose from!
San Marcos, Guadalupe, Comal....all in driving distance!

Skiing at Canyon Lake
 Miss those afternoons there on the boat....

Devil's Backbone
 Nothing like a drive down Ranch Road 12 to see the views.....

The Square
Draft Choice, The Parrot, Lucy's (never really liked Nephew's too much-the owner was pervy)
Lots of good times. 

Sewell Park
"Titty Hill"
 What other school lets you float the river between class?
Or tan for a bit on the grass??
This is such a beautiful, fun place to live.

The MET
 
I moved every semester during college.
I lived at Sterling (gross hot tub), off RR12 at some new place, got a house for a while, but by far my FAVORITE ALL TIME PLACE TO LIVE was at The Metropolitan. I loved my purple apartment with the red door. I loved my concrete floors and the swimming pool is awesome. (and I LOVED being right across the street from all my favorite Sagewood friends.
Great times here! (miss you, Leila)

Sagewood
Lots and lots of memories! Did anyone on this street ever sleep??

The TRAM Bus
 Can't get dropped off??
You'll be waiting on the bus.....

Texas State Campus
(SWT) 
A bajillion stairs between each class!
That's what keeps that Freshmen Fifteen off!
I've never walked to much in my life!!

Eat 'em up CATS!

I just wanted to say that. heehee


TANNING
within walking distance from class!
 Yes please! What a perfect nap!

The QUAD
I love how there was always random merchandise and food for sale in the Quad.

The REC
 
I ran a million miles around that indoor track.
To have the energy and time again to work out every night at 9pm.
That would be awesome. (right, Rachel?)

Philosophy Class
We all had to take it...I'm one of the few that made it my MAJOR!
haha.
Craig Hanks (aka Craig, Welcome)....well he's just the best!
What college professor hands out candy to a room full of 200 students out of a fish cookie jar??
He does!


Love it, miss it- hope to retire there.
I love you, San Marcos.
-Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment