Monday, February 21, 2011

MUST HAVES.... the products you should NOT LIVE WITHOUT

So this is Beauty According to ME...... let me know please if you agree!!



                                 OIL OF OLAY FACEWASH

Or as my Dad calls it.. Oil of Old Lady! This is the BEST facewash on the market---and you WON'T need any eye makeup remover- that tends to turn your long lashes into sad memories (AKA make your eyelashes fall out).....just squirt this facewash into your hands- rub allover your wet face- and ALL your mascara, eyeliner, dirt, makeup, ALL OF IT is gone without hurting your eyes  (sting free) and without harshly rubbing your precious eyelashes.

Oh, and I'm not fussing at you but don't go to bed at night without washing your face.....even drunken nights- get your tired butt off the couch and wash your nasty face!! Your complexion and eyelashes will thankyou...... and if you DO happen to accidentally fall asleep without washing- CHANGE YOUR PILLOWCASE the next day! It's an oil fest!!


LOREAL LASH EXTEND
IN BLACK OR BLACKEST BLACK (not brown!)

This is the BEST mascara ever. Doesn't flake off- you won't pick at your eyes- and you can layer it upon layer it for that BIG LASH LOOK!


 

It is also very important NOT to wear waterproof mascara... if you value your eyelashes and DON'T want to look like a frog in your old age....avoid it at all costs!!!
There are 2 varieties of this Lash Out- be sure you get the straight wand (as pictured) and not the curved brush- it will clump.



PINK LOTION by Victoria's Secret
                     

Love it, love it, love it! Available at Victoria's Secret AND at Bath and Body Works.  The bath wash is nice too. The new polka dot scent is my hubby's new favorite- but I still prefer the clean smell of the blue Fresh & Clean.


                        BEAUTICONTROL LIP APEEL  AND LIP BALM

So you have to have a Beauticontrol rep to order this magical concoction OR get it online- but once it touches your lips you'll be an addict. I have to have lip goo on my lips at bedtime...and if your one of those people that has a Carmex addiction- this product is for you.  This actually HEALS your lips- the lip apeel is a lip peel that you cream on, then flake off that makes your lips silky smoothe by taking away all the dry parts.  The balm goes on after and words truly can't express HOW GOOD it feels.  TRY THIS...then send me a thank you and a box of Girl Scout cookies.  Because you will owe me!


BURT'S BEES LIFEGUARD LIP BALM

   
This is a great balm for the SUMMER. It's perfect for the pool, has SPF but the sexy thing about it is that it's slightly minty and it leaves a white tint to your lips that looks super HOT when your face is tan.
Very Twiggy. Enjoy!
Available at most drug stores and at Target.


Victoria's Secret VERY SEXY BLUSH


This is a great product because it comes in palettes with mixtures of colors and some bronzey glittery shades.  Never looks ORANGE! You can pile it on and it still has a way of looking natural.

 
ST. TROPEZ SELF TANNER AND HAND SCRUB

  This is the most forgiving self tanner you will ever get your hands on. It doesn't stain you- because it washes off .  So if you apply too much or think you should have gone lighter on your heels or elbows- just wash it off!
There is a whole product line of this stuff, but really all you need is St. Tropez Step 3 and the scrub below.
Apply on clean dry skin (even your face) just like lotion. Don't be alarmed- it looks black when it comes out. Apply evenly (your hubby will become very good at getting your back- let him practice!)  Then wash your hands with the scrub when your all done. Let your bod air dry before you get dressed and TADA....a PERFECT natural tan that you can shower off later that night!

ONLY ONE CAUTION when using this product....if it's going to rain...or you are gonna get sloppy drunk and spill your drink down your leg--- you might streak....other than that- it's PERFECT and no one will ever know that you don't naturally GLOW!
**Special thanks to Amanda Pfeffer for introducing me to this tan in a can! LOVE YOU!  :)

A GOOD PAIR OF TWEEZERS AND A x20 MIRROR
        

If you are a brave soul that waxes regularly- this isn't you. IT'S ME! I think my thin eyebrows will make my big butt thin I guess!  :)  I love to pluck.

If this is not you- then look at the MIRROR- do you own a x20 mirror?? It will change your life.  I mean NO BODY wants to see their pores up that close! It's GROSS! It's DEPRESSING! But I challenge you to look anyway...because if you can make yourself look good in a x20 mirror then you've done a PERFECT job on your makeup and you are smoking hot!!!  Consider it- Target has some nice hand held ones for a pretty reasonable price.

BLACK AUTOMATIC EYELINER
(LOREAL IS A GOOD ONE) AGAIN...not brown ACTUALLY not any color other than black.....70s are over.
Enough said. You cannot have too much eyeliner. Spread it on! This is the best because it doesn't have to be sharpened and it makes a dark clean line that looks like liquid without all the fuss.
I recommend TOP eyeliner only- especially if you aren't used to wearing very much. 

NATURAL INSTICTS HAIR DYE (non permanent)

I used to be in love with ColorSPA but they discontinued it a few years ago- so I had to find a new love.  I have a few gray hairs- it comes with being black headed- being a special ed teacher- and being Gianna's Mom.  This product doesn't cover gray for very long- but since it's not permanent it makes your hair SO SOFT and shiny, and it's SO easy to use that I don't mind it.
So color often and don't damage your ends with ammonia and permanent colorings.
(also a redneck tip: NEED A HAIRCUT FOR YOUR SPLIT ENDS?? Just dye them! It will buy you another month at least!)
Why do you think my hair is SO LONG? heehee

PARIS HILTON PERFUME

Scent of a hoe.  Ha ha. People stop me often and ask me what I'm wearing and shamefully I tell them. I love it. It's my alltime favorite.
Some second favorites of mine are F.C.U.K. from French Connection and Armani Emporio Woman....but hands down I'd say Paris is my FAVE!!!!!

 
GHD HAIR STRAIGHTENER....it's awesome


I am not on TEAM CHI, I'm a fan of my G.H.D.  Slightly more pricey but HOT PINK and it's been a really great tool.  This one item has single handedly CHANGED my generation.....I mean- just look back to the high school photos ladies (don't go back to junior high- that's too painful).  But we had HUGE hair!  Remember the curling iron burns on your forehead and fried tops of your ears??!! We were TRYING to straighten our hair!! With no luck I might add.
Go into your bathrooms and kiss your straighteners and remember the good old days.   :)

Would love to hear from you and what YOUR favorite products are that you just couldn't live without.....
-Jamie

2 comments:

  1. Great post- I love hearing what kinds of products other people use.
    Question: Why does waterproof mascara make you look like a frog in old age?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lose a TON of eyelashes when I have to remove waterproof mascara with greasy remover...and to me, people with thin or no eyelashes look like frogs!! I will only use it in extreme situations (like floating the river) and even then I'd rather hide behind my sunglasses all day with no masacara than risks the tug of war getting it off my eyes later that night. :)n

    ReplyDelete