Sunday, February 20, 2011

Things that INSPIRE me to Change.....

So I watched SuperSizeMe this morning...a documentary about the fast food industy where a regular guy eats 3 McDonald's meals a day....and becomes REALLY fat and sick! It also touches on our public school meals, and our childhood obesity epidemic....pretty inspiring to make healthier choices in our fast paced American culture.
Currently streaming on Netflix....

This documentary reminded me of a book that I read a few years ago, Skinny Bitch- that REALLY made me evaluate the kinds of food I was putting in my body. If you can overlook the whole PETA, vegan agenda that underlines her perspective- there is some VERY good nutritional information in this book that makes you ask yourself the the question- WHY do I put that crap in my body??? And HOW does it make me feel??
http://www.amazon.com/Skinny-Bitch-Rory-Freedman/dp/0762424931
available for $8 at Amazon
It's a great read (not for the tender because it's written as though she's yelling at you) and I challenge you to TRY IT OUT for a few weeks. Cut out some of the crap you intake on a a daily basis and SEE IF YOU FEEL BETTER.....  can't hurt!

I am going to have a big challenge after Zack is born to get quite a bit of weight off of me... And I plan on doing it a healthy way---no fad diets--no online programs or prepackaged meals.  Just with good old fashioned exercise and HEALTHY choices.

(and I still believe the occasional cupcake is good for the soul!)

So Happy Eating! Get in your kitchen on this beautiful Sunday and cook something HEALTHY!! And then send me a picture of it and the recipe attached because I absolutely love to see what people are eating, ordering and cooking up!

-Jamie
P.S.
I read this crazy article yesterday about Obsese Couch Potato Monkeys....check it out
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/20/health/20monkey.html?_r=1&hp

1 comment:

  1. Skinny Bitch really does make you skinny! It kinda freaks you out when you read it... or at least it did me! I could totally be vegan except for cheese! I love it too much to give it up :)
    You already know what I recommend to lose weight... track what you eat! Stay between 1300 and 1500 calories and work out! The more you work out the better :) MyFitnessPal is awesome to track your food/calories and workouts! Yes, its a free app!
    You will do fine after Zack is born... you are going to be so busy with 2 that you won't have time to be anything but thin!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete