Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My All Time FAVE Food--What I Order....

It's no secret....I LOVE to eat out! I LOVE to order...and I like to know what other people are eating. I'm a total FOODIE!  Here are my TOP PICKS and the things that I order when we go out....trust me...if it's not DELISH...it's not on this list!

SUSHIHANA

My favorite cooked rolls are the CRUNCY ROLL and the ROCK'N ROLL.
The have an awesome dinner special- 3 cooked rolls, miso soup, and their AMAZING house salad for around $16.  (I always sub the salmon roll for an extra Rock'n Roll)  And it's so much food there is always a TOGO box!  oh and I usually ask for some eel sauce on the side to drizzle on my crunchy roll. JUST try it!  :)

They also have a 5 Cooked Roll Special for $26.95 which is the perfect was for a group of people to sample and try different things- it includes: Rock'nRoll, Tiger Eye Roll, Crunchy Roll, Philly Maki Roll, & Dragon Roll.   This is ALOT of FOOD!  :)
And don't forget the glass of Merlot.
(Special thanks to Jill Conn for making me LOVE the salad and to Katie and Kristen for always being up for a date!)

OLIVE GARDEN
YUM. Is is the bread sticks? The one of a kind ice cold salad??
Don't you even think about stealing my black olive.
Can you order anything BAD on this menu? I think not.
My favorite is the Shrimp and Chicken Carbonara pasta.
It's creamy- it's a white sauce with BACON. mmmmmmmm
And I always have to the get the Peach Iced Tea- with frozen peaches at the bottom.






GRINGO'S

five shrimp, diced avocados, corn, tomatoes, black beans, cheeses,
& crispy tortilla strips – with Smokey BBQ Ranch


Don't forget that Margarita on the Rocks- NO salt!  :) And if you're not in the mood to be healthy- split the Border Sampler with your hubby or friend.  It's a little bit of everything!

GOODE CO. SEAFOOD
HOME OF THE FAMOUS CAMPECHANA

Talk about AMAZING. NO chunky onions like some traditional cocktails- this is pure heaven. Crab, shrimp, fresh tomatoes and chunks of ripe avacado.
THIS IS MY MEAL.
A beer and a campechana. Perfection.


SANDY MCGEE'S

I have to brag on you Sandy! Your soups, sandwiches and desserts are YUM---
But you added a CAMPECHANA to your menu and you BROUGHT IT!!
I dare say it's equally as good as Goode Co. Seafood!
Well Done! This is all I order anymore. It's love.


3 OLIVES


Our local Italian dive.  Tomato Basil soup (it's better than La Madeline) and this wedge salad is amazing.
The manicotti is also very nice- the homemade tomato sauce is very, very fresh.
Great wine selection.

PEPPERONI'S

BEST take-out Pizza hands down.
Some of my favorite combinations are Beef/Mushroom , Canadian Bacon/Black Olive, Fresh Tomatoes and Goat Cheese.
We also order their lunch special alot at work.
The Chicken Pesto sub is out of this world!
It has chicken breast, sundried tomatoes, and goat cheese- it's GOOD!
I also have to give it to them for their Caesar Salad. I've been searching for one that even comes close to what they make- and they WIN! It's the best.

BULLRITOS


This place is really good. You build your own tacos, rice bowl, or nachos.
I really like filling out the order form bags!
It varies what I order. The cilantro ranch is really good -surprising since I HATE cilantro- but it really makes your food yummy! I always add it.
They have coconut margaritas but I haven't got to try one yet because I got pregnant before I got to sample it!
You can also take a twisty icecream cone away- if you dine in!


WhichWHICH

 They have order form bags too! This place is like Subway all jazzed up. You can't really even compare the two because WhichWich is so much better!

I get the Crab Sub- all toasted with veggies and cheese. Don't knock it till you try it! They have a YUMMY menu!




PF CHANG'S

The lettuce wraps! Chicken or vegetarian- I love them both. I get my special sauce MEDIUM.
I also love to order hot tea here. Jenny gets the White Tea and I get the Dragon Ooolong. The baby cups they serve are so fun!
My favorite entree is Kung Pao Shrimp.
  KUNG PAO SHRIMP OR SCALLOPS
A quick-fired traditional dish with peanuts, chili peppers and scallions

It's a crazy big amount of SHRIMP. Really crispy and the perfect amount of spicy.


POTBELLY


Vegetarian Sub- an overload of raw mushrooms, melted cheeses, and vinegar!
You will never miss the meat. Give it a try!
And don't forget the BBQ Ranch chips.


OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE



Wedge Salad- no blue cheese crumbles or onions, just tomatoes, ranch and basalmic glaze, please!

Filet with Wild Mushroom Sauce and Sweet Potato Fries. (they are drizzled with honey and even if they aren't on the menu- they'll make it for you)

This might the be perfect meal.

PETE & SHORTY'S


They have SWEET POTATO FRIES TOO!  :)
Cheap beer, fried pickles, and buffalo chicken sliders.
YUM.

CHEDDAR'S
 This place is crazy cheap. We always order WHATEVER we want and never spend over $25.
Buffalo Chicken Wraps- Buffalo Chicken and Coleslaw all wrapped up together. DELISH!



LENNY'S

The MILE HIGH TURKEY roll.
This is my fave lunch special. They shave the meat and cheese right in front of you. Super fresh sandwich, baked chips....and don't forget the spicy relish!!


HOUSTON'S


If you came to me and said "JAMIE! I'll take you anywhere you want to go for dinner...."
I would choose HOUSTON's every single time.

For a starter, smoked salmon with crouton bread and hollandaise sauce is indescribable.
I don't care if you dislike fish- YOU WILL DEVOUR THIS.
And the salad- the Fried Chicken Cobb Salad....(now at a pricey $17) just pay it- it's WORTH IT.
Only if you pour on the Buttermilk Garlic dressing, of course!
AKA, "crack"!! haha Right Claire Bear??  :)
This is a one of a kind dressing that beats any I've ever had. It's lick your bowl good!
One of the beauties of dining at Houston's is their NO CELL PHONE policy in the dining room. It's dark and intimate- and you can truly enjoy your meal in this setting.

And don't be sad folks, even though the Kirby location has gone through a name change....the menu is still the same.
ENJOY!!



BENIHANA


Thank you, Dusty Lowe, for making me try the scallops here because they are delicious.
And their sushi is good too! Their Spider Rolls (not made with spiders, but with fried soft shell crab) are worth talking about!

WHEW! I don't know about you but I'm hungry now! Happy Dining OUT!

Campechana De Mariscos (Mexican Seafood Cocktails)
Shrimp ................................................................................ 11.95
Crab .................................................................................... 11.95
Campechana Extra (Shrimp & Crab) ................................. 12.95

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Thanks for the shout out :) Can't do all the seafood, but some of the other choices are quite yummy!
    I don't think I've ever eaten anything I didn't liked at Olive Garden! Carbonara (minus the shrimp) rocks! Order the lemon cream cake... so delicious it makes you giggle... think fluffy lemon clouds. If you are feeling extra decadent try ordering a bowl of alfredo sauce to dip your breadsticks in! (thanks for this tip Kasey) Then go run 20 miles!
    I can only say one word about Sandy Mcgees... quiche! Whatever you do, you must order it! I think I can break speed eating records when its placed in front of me! Ready, set, go! And don't bother ordering anything to drink when you go there either. Just order the broccoli cheese soup and drink it instead!
    PF Chang's- ahhhh memories! Love that place! Especially the white tea in the baby mugs with baby spoons! The baby-ness of it all makes it more delicious! I am also partial to the chicken lettce wraps... don't think I've ever gone to eat there and not ordered them. And remember that dessert we used to order... the banana spring rolls with coconut-pineapple ice cream drizzled in caramel sauce... I think its what heaven tastes like!
    Oh yes... now I'm hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Now I'm starving, and I live in the woods so I can't go to ANY of those places!!!! :) With the exception of the sushi, I'm right there with ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jenny- OMG thank you for reminding me about those ridiculously good banana fried things at PF CHANGS.....I'll be getting those sometime soon!
    @Amy- sorry girl! You best get to the grocery store! Being pregnant and all you're gonna need a good stash of good food!!

    ReplyDelete